Is there any better way to use a rainy day than to plan your yard makeover? (okay, we’ll admit, splashing in puddles is a pretty close second). Here are a few ways you can stay dry while plotting your planting.
FIND THE RIGHT PLANT FOR YOU:
- Download The Florida-Friendly Landscaping Guide to Plant Selection and Landscape Design
- Visit floridayards.org and plantrealflorida.org for searchable plant databases.
- Visit your local library or search online for suitable plants for your landscape
MAKE A SHOPPING LIST:
- After you’ve done some research, make a list of the plants you want to purchase, including flowers, shrubs, groundcovers and small trees.
PUT YOUR PLANT PLAN ON PAPER:
- Sketch out your landscape design on paper, making sure you allow for the mature size of the plants. Don’t forget fun and interesting elements like a water feature, pathway or sitting area.